Whether it’s been 2 years…or 26…the sexual spark sometimes fades in a relationship. Here are a few ideas to bring it roaring back! Hi Felicity! I would love to hear what you have to say about this. My husband and …
Whether it’s been 2 years…or 26…the sexual spark sometimes fades in a relationship. Here are a few ideas to bring it roaring back!
Hi Felicity! I would love to hear what you have to say about this. My husband and I have been married for 26 years and have two children. We raised a 23 year old daughter, she is now gone from our home, and our son is 15. We have a good marriage and a good sex life as well, but at times the spark goes up and down. After 26 years of marriage how do you with a good marriage keep the spark present sexually and moving forward in life? Thanks for your time!
Fireworks as Concept of Bringing Back the Spark in Relationship First of all, congratulations on such a long marriage! Twenty six years together is impressive 🙂
As you mentioned, it is totally normal that your sex life will experience some ups and downs.
Each of us deal with fluctuations in hormones and other biological processes that have an effect on our libidos as we age. Also, after so much time together, it’s normal to develop some routines and automatically know our partner’s preferences.
These routines can end up making sex together somewhat predictable…
And predictability can definitely dim the spark.
My best advice is to purposely switch things up. Adding in something different can charge up the amount of dopamine that both of your brains will release giving that extra ZING.
When sex becomes routine, our brains don’t fire off as much of the pleasure chemical. And that leaves us feeling less inspired about sex. But it’s quite easy to remedy the situation by adding in some unexpected twists to the regular sexual plot line.
Intimate Couple Bringing Back the Fire in the Relationship You can do a simple thing like try a different room or time of day. Go ahead and get busy in the kitchen. Or surprise him in the shower one morning for a before-work quickie. Just changing the room to someplace other than your bedroom or doing it in the morning vs. at night is an easy way to give you both a sexual charge.
Another idea to try is getting into a “character” to do some role playing (even don a wig or some type of costume for maximum effect). The illicit thrill of making love to someone new is taboo but this is a completely safe way to pretend…
Maybe you arrange to meet up with your husband at a new restaurant or a place slightly out of town (you wouldn’t want to run into the neighbors!). And when you arrive, he might not recognize you with a wig and glasses on. You can then proceed to seduce him over the meal and invite him over for a “nightcap”.
Ooh la la, you naughty vixen!
I admit, some of this may sound silly but all of these ideas are simple ways to break out of your normal patterns. You’ll be surprised at how much a little surprise and novelty will bring that spark rarin’ back at full force.
My recent program, The Language of Desire has a lot of in-depth material about how brain chemistry works in our sex lives.
I’ve included step-by-step instructions on over thirty different techniques guaranteed to amp up the spice and spark in your sex life. And the women who have read it are giving raving reviews (I’m sure their men are too *wink*). I’d love to have you check it out: LanguageOfDesire.com
Rekindling the spark in a long-term relationship requires effort, creativity, and a commitment to reconnecting on a deeper level. Over time, routines can become monotonous, and the initial excitement may wane, but with intentional actions, you can reignite the passion and strengthen your bond.
Here are three ways to breathe new life into your relationship and bring back the spark:
1. Invest in Quality Time Together
In the hustle and bustle of daily life, quality time together can often take a back seat. To rekindle the spark, it’s essential to carve out dedicated time for each other, free from distractions like work, technology, and other obligations. Here are some suggestions:
- Plan Regular Date Nights: Whether it’s trying out a new restaurant, taking a dance class together, or having a themed movie night at home, regular date nights can create opportunities for fun and intimacy.
- Take a Trip Together: Traveling to a new place or revisiting a spot that holds special memories for both of you can break the routine and bring a sense of adventure to your relationship.
- Engage in New Activities Together: Taking up a new hobby or activity can not only be fun but also help you see each other in a new light, stimulating attraction and interest.
2. Enhance Physical Intimacy
Physical touch and intimacy are vital components of a romantic relationship, acting as a physical manifestation of love and connection. Over time, the frequency or intensity of physical intimacy might diminish, but it can be reinvigorated through conscious effort:
- Communicate About Desires: Openly discussing your desires, fantasies, and what you find attractive about each other can enhance emotional intimacy and lead to a more fulfilling physical connection.
- Introduce Novelty: Experimenting with new experiences in your intimate life, such as trying new positions, incorporating massages, or setting the mood with music and candles, can reignite passion.
- Prioritize Affection: Regular, affectionate touch—such as holding hands, cuddling, and kissing—can foster a sense of closeness and desire, even outside of the bedroom.
3. Cultivate Emotional Intimacy
Emotional intimacy is the foundation of a strong and passionate relationship. Feeling emotionally connected can enhance physical attraction and rekindle the spark. Here’s how you can cultivate deeper emotional intimacy:
- Share Your Inner World: Regularly share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Encourage vulnerability by discussing hopes, fears, and dreams.
- Practice Active Listening: Show genuine interest in what your partner has to say, listen without judgment, and respond with empathy and understanding.
- Express Appreciation and Gratitude: Regularly acknowledging and expressing gratitude for each other’s qualities and actions can foster a positive emotional climate in your relationship.
Bringing the spark back in a long-term relationship involves a combination of investing in quality time together, enhancing physical intimacy, and cultivating emotional intimacy. By making these efforts, you not only rekindle the spark but also deepen your connection, ensuring your relationship continues to grow and thrive. Remember, the most successful relationships are those where both partners are committed to continually nurturing their bond.
If you want over 200+ ideas, phrases, and text messages to drive your man wild with desire for you, make sure to check out my new program, Language of Desire. I give you step-by-step instructions and tons of exact words to use to get exactly what you both want in and out of the bedroom.
P.S. The reason so many men “pull away” from women is because
women don’t understand this naughty secret about men. . .