Love is not as fun and full of happy endings as people make it out to be. Sure, it can be wonderful but it can also be very painful.
Love comes in many different forms. There is true love, unrequited love, toxic love, and so much more. Whether you have been in a lot of relationships or just a few I am sure these quotes will be relatable on some level. These are some of my favorite quotes on love and while some are hard to swallow they all hold their own lessons.
Love is a chance to learn and while we might not want to face the struggles that come with it, we all have to. You cannot avoid things like this. Have you heard any of these quotes before? Which is your favorite?
20 Love Quotes That Will Really Break Down What Being In Love Is Like:
1. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”
― Anais Nin
2. “I miss you in waves and tonight I’m drowning. You left me fending for my life and it feels like you’re the only one who can bring me back to the shore alive.”
― Denice Envall
3. “Sometimes, the people that love you the most turn out to be the people you will trust the least.”
― Shannon L. Alder
4. “I think perhaps I will always hold a candle for you – even until it burns my hand.
And when the light has long since gone …. I will be there in the darkness holding what remains, quite simply because I cannot let go.”
― Ranata Suzuki
5. “Some people won’t love you no matter what you do and some people won’t stop loving you no matter what you do. Go where the love is.”
6. “Don’t cry over someone who wouldn’t cry over you.”
― Lauren Conrad
7. “The best person to talk to about the problems in your relationship is the person you’re in a relationship with.”
8. “You’re not over it if it still makes you angry.”
9. “Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.”
10. “True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.”
― Kiera Cass, The Selection
11. “When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?”
― Shannon L. Alder
12. “He’s not your prince charming if he doesn’t make sure you know that you’re his princess.”
― Demi Lovato
13. “If you love someone but rarely make yourself available to him or her, that is not true love.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh, Living Buddha, Living Christ
14. “It’s not about finding a perfect person but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.”
15. “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson, The Infinity Sign
16. “You fell in love with a storm. Did you really think you would get out unscathed?”
― Nikita Gill
17. “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it is better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together.”
18. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.”
― Shannon L. Alder
19. “Sometimes we hurt the ones we love, but hurting ourselves to avoid it doesn’t make it better.”
― Shannon A. Thompson, Death Before Daylight
20. “They say if the love is true, then it’s easy. But that’s false. Love is complicated. It’s sticky. It’s bliss and it’s a mix of emotions. It’s not easy.”
― Dominic Riccitello
Love is never the same for anyone. It slightly differs for us all but I am sure that at least some of these resonated with you. While love is well worth it, it is still a struggle in many ways.