We all worry about things that we have no control over. However, for many of us, this worry can become our obsession and freeing ourselves from it can be a nightmare.
Thankfully, there are a number of ways to stop ourselves from needless worry. What are those? Well, I’m glad you asked.
- Remember that you only have control over your thoughts, not the situation. And while you can’t control the outcome or anything else, you do have control over how you react to it.
- For many of us, our worries stem from a fear that everything will be ruined if the outcome doesn’t go our way. Actually, in most cases, our worries never come to fruition and even if they did, it would not be the end of the world. Take a moment to consider the situation truthfully and the worst possible outcome. Chances are, it wasn’t as bad as you imagined it to be, before you analyzed the situation.
- Even if problems do arise, you have the ability to overcome them, just as you have done in the past.
- Nothing can stop you from making progress in your life, even the moment you are worried about. So, take a deep breath and let it out, everything will be fine.
- Remain mindful of the situation and focus on your breaths. Breathe in through your nose, and imagine your worries breathing out with your breaths when you blow the same breath back through your nose. Do this softly.
- Every moment, including how we handle a situation is a choice. Choose wisely.
- Worrying about things that we cannot control pulls us out of the present moment. Choose to stay mindful and attuned to the present so that you don’t miss what is right in front of you.
- Chant a mantra to yourself when you begin to worry. “Not today worry,” will suffice.