Throughout life, we learn a variety of hard to stomach truths that no one wants to face. However, the sooner we realize these things and accept them, the better.
1. We started dying the day we were born.
Whether we want to admit it or not, the day we are born, we begin dying. It is up to us to make the most of our time while we are here.
2. Life isn’t fair.
The good guys don’t always win, things will not always go our way, and that is just the way that it is.
3. People aren’t always going to be nice.
No matter how nice I am to the postman, it doesn’t mean he will be nice back.
4. We will eventually lose everyone and everything that we love.
And while that may sound like the end of the world, it is merely just another aspect of life.
5. Bad things happen to good people.
Sometimes, the good die young, the bravest men lose and the ones who study fail.
6. Money won’t fix anything.
No matter how much money acquire or how many possessions we have, life will still go on at the pace that it does.
7. No one is perfect.
8. Change will happen.
When we least expect it, things will be turned upside down, and the world will require a renavigation course.
9. You can’t make everyone happy.
No matter how hard you try, someone isn’t going to be happy with your hard work. Screw them, do it for you, and the ones that appreciate your work.
10. Your words don’t mean anything.
But your actions do.
11. Chasing happiness will never work.
True happiness comes when we are on the right path, not when we are trying for it.
12. Our time is more precious than anything.
13. Things won’t always turn out the way we expect.
And that’s okay.
14. Horrible things will happen.
But it won’t be the end of the world.
15. We will lose a lot before we win.
Accomplishments mean a lot of hard work and perseverance. No one ever got to the finish line on their first try.
16. You can’t buy happiness.
You can’t buy happiness, instead, happiness comes when we are living our lives correctly for our spirit.
17. People will stab you in the back.
When you least expect it, someone that you care about more than anything will screw you over.
18. Times change.
Nothing stays the same.
19. People change.
Contrary to popular belief, people do change, and sometimes, they change for the worst.
20. Happiness isn’t your final destination.
Actually, nowhere is. We are constantly changing.
21. You never get back wasted time.
22. If you want to live comfortably, you have to do something productive.
In order to be happy in this life, we need something to strive for and a purpose to keep us going.
Image via Daily Positive Info