A cultural movement of intellectuals with intentions to reform society seems to be something much bigger than originally thought. Beginning in the late 17th century is the Illuminati really still thriving?
The Illuminati is something surrounded by tons of conspiracy theories, and is said to lurk in the shadows all the while maintaining their puppets for the public. During the time the cultural movement began the group intended to use reason to challenge ideas that have been grounded in tradition and faith. They were eager to work towards advance knowledge through science and promoting intellectual interchange.
Today the Illuminati is a bit different or at least our idea of it is much different than ‘The Age Of Enlightenment’ it began as. The reason the Illuminati was formed was to oppose superstition, religious influence over public life, and abuse of state power. The things they are against we see them being the cause of? Have they changed that much or are these conspiracy theories just that? We will know the truth someday.
Top 11 Facts About The Illuminati
- The Illuminati was originally meant to challenge things like religion and superstition in order to promote science. (Are they now the ones behind things like this?)
- Secret Society in Bavaria- In Bavaria back in 1776 Adam Weishaupt founded the Foundation of the Order of the Illuminati. He was a professor of religious law and before the group was shut down it was said to have about 2000 members at least.
- The group (in Bavaria) started out with only five members. They preferred to be called the perfectibilists rather than the Illuminati.
- The reason as to why the Illuminati is so popular now as opposed to the other groups that were shut down back then as well can be credited to a book published in 1798 titled “Proofs of a Conspiracy.” This book suggested that the Illuminati had survived the shutdown. (This was not the only book written about the Illuminati but makes sense as to why the conspiracy theories were not able to die out.)
- The name Illuminati comes from the latin word Illuminatus which means enlightened.
- When the Illuminati was shut down in Bavaria Weishaupt was able to escape and live out his life in Gotha. He was not said to have been involved in anything else to do with the Illuminati.
- The Eye of Providence or The All Seeing Eye is not a symbol of the Illuminati. The symbol they used (or use) is the Owl of Minerva. We are unsure as to why this image is so heavily associated with the Illuminati in modern times.
- Secret Rituals- Yes, secret rituals did exist for this group. The Rite of Strict Observance is a major element of the merging two secret societies (Illuminati and Masons.)
- The reason this group was shut down, to begin with, is because the ruler of Bavaria at the time saw the rise of this group as well as others like it as a threat to his throne.
- The Illuminati of today does not want you to know about their involvement in an enormous global plot. It is very possible that some of these conspiracy theories have been fabricated by the group itself.
Whether you believe the Illuminati is still thriving these days or not, it is possible. We at Awareness Act believe that Illuminati symbolism is hidden everywhere, and if you just open your eyes and do a little research that you too can see it! It is also possible that this group is not linked with groups from the past, however that is highly unlikely. When it comes to conspiracy theories always read more into them. If at first they should legitimate do some research. Sorting through the garbage out there is not as hard as it may seem.