Many people are concerned about the Standing Rock Sioux’s fight to stop the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline, the problem is, many people are only passively standing by and not doing anything about it. This is where you come in, you can make a difference!
To actively participate in the protests, most people are not sure about what they can do to support the cause. Here is what you can do:
- Call North Carolina Governor Jack Dalrymple at 701-328-2200. They will ask you to leave a message, state your thoughts about the subject. Really tell them what you think!
- Sign the petition to the White House to stop DAPL: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-construction-dakota-access-pipeline-which-endangers-water-supply-native-american-reservations
- Call the While House at 202-456-1111 or 202-456-1414. Tell President Obama to rescind the Army Corps of Engineers’ Permit for the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Call the Army Corps of Engineers, demand that they reverse the permit: 202-761-5903
- Sign other petitions asking Obama to stop the Pipeline: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/NoDAPL
- Call the executives of the companies that are building the pipeline:
- Lee Hanse Executive Vice President Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 800 E Sonterra Blvd #400 San Antonio, Texas 78258 Telephone: (210) 403-6455 [email protected]
- Glenn Emery Vice President Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 800 E Sonterra Blvd #400 San Antonio, Texas 78258 Telephone: (210) 403-6762 [email protected]
- Michael (Cliff) Waters Lead Analyst Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 1300 Main St. Houston, Texas 77002 Telephone: (713) 989-2404 [email protected]
Show your support for the cause! There are many things that you can do, and it would only take a few moments of your time. Please remember that if this pipeline does go through and something goes wrong, that would mean contamination of one of the largest freshwater sources in the United States.