Those who manipulate others know exactly what they are doing. They have mastered deception and will appear as sincere as possible, do not be fooled.
Manipulative people will do whatever it takes to gain your trust and control you. They have quite a few ways that they manage to do this and for the most part, you won’t even notice. They will take everything that you do and twist it into something completely different.
These manipulators can and will play the victim all the time, and make it seem as if you are the one causing the problems. Nothing will ever be their fault, even when it is. These people will be nice one second and then your worst nightmare the next. They will always turn to personally attacking you when they are upset, and are the worst bullies you will ever encounter.
If you think you might be dealing with someone trying to or successfully manipulating you there are several traits you should be on the look out for. Understanding these things and being aware will help you prevent a lot of unneeded stress. Be in touch with what is true for you and do not let anyone make you think less of yourself.
10 Common Traits of Emotional Manipulators:
1. They do not understand the concept of boundaries. If they want something they don’t care what they have to do to get it.
2. They will avoid all responsibility for their own conduct.
3. They believe their way of handling something is the only way.
4. They lie, a lot.
5. They are not open to change.
6. They only put effort into pretending to be a good person but are not actually good people.
7. They say and do completely different things.
8. They want you to explain why you do any and everything.
9. They talk about people behind their back, all the time.
10. They come off in a manner that makes it seem like they feel they are better than everyone else. This is because they really do believe they are superior.
If someone you know is trying to manipulate you or even succeeding in doing so they need to be cut out of your life. There is no sense in allowing someone to control you. You are your own person and should be treated like the wonderful person you are, not like a tool.
When you are with a manipulative person everything is about them, you are nothing more than furniture and your feelings and wants do not matter. Be with someone who loves and respects you in the same ways you do them. You are not a doormat!
Image Via Shutterstock